Terms and Conditions
Britannia Marie Gold My Startup Contest (“Contest”) is an initiative by Britannia Industries Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Britannia”) that aims to empower women in the true sense by enabling them to fulfil their dreams. It gives an enormous platform to the aspirants to ‘Be More and Do More’.
Britannia under its aforesaid Initiative, is conducting a Contest which is open for participation to women having business ideas. Women shall submit their ideas for evaluation which shall be adjudicated by a panel of judges (“Jury”) based on their merit, innovation, uniqueness, and other factors. The top 10 (Ten) business ideas would be funded with Rs. 10,00,000/- each (Rupees Ten Lakhs only) to kick start their businesses. This shall be subject to all the taxes, surcharges and statutory levies as applicable.
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa. The words ‘You’ and ‘Your’ shall mean the Consumer or Participant, as the case may be and the words “We”, “Us”, “Our” shall mean Britannia.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1 Contest Details, Concept and Participation:
- 1.1 Consumers participating or seeking to participate in the Contest shall individually be referred to as “Participant” and collectively as “Participants”.
- 1.2 The terms and conditions contained herein (hereinafter referred to as “Terms”) apply to the Contest. This Contest is being conducted by Britannia to empower women by giving them a platform to implement their business
- 1.3 The contest is valid only in India from 00:00 hours on 5th September 2021 to 23:59 hours 5th November (both days included). The campaign has now been extended to 23:59 hours 20th November 2021. (hereinafter referred as “Contest Period”).
- 1.4 A total of 10 winners will be selected during the contest period for the Prize, however, every participant can avail a Digital Skill Training offered by Google and a maximum of 10000 selected Candidates may be eligible for Online mentoring sessions on entrepreneurship.
- 1.5 Digital Skill Training (Program) is offered, managed and supervised by Google alone, hence, the Terms and Conditions, eligibility criteria, mode, Medium, services, quality of service and everything pertaining to the Program is Google’s offering for the participants. Britannia shall not, in any way whatsoever be responsible for any issues or concerns with the services offered by Google. If the participant is facing any issue/challenge, it shall be raised directly with Google. All queries regarding privacy, T&Cs are accessible on https://policies.google.com/terms & https://policies.google.com/privacy
- 1.6 All IPR rights including trademark, copyright and designs used are the property of their respective owners.
- 1.7 The Contest is subject to all applicable central, state, and local laws and regulations.
- 1.8 The Prize under this Contest is subject to fulfilling the requirements and or terms and conditions of the respective merchant which are mentioned herein as Terms and Conditions.
2 Agreement to Terms and Conditions:
- 2.1 By participating in this contest, Participants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions available on www.britanniamystartup.com (“Contest Website”). The decisions of BRITANNIA will be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Successfully entering the Contest and winning a prize is subject to all requirements set forth herein.
- 2.2 By entering the Contest, all participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by these terms and conditions in entirety. Any failure to agree with any of the terms and conditions of this Contest would render the Consumer ineligible to participate.
- 2.3 If a Participant is dissatisfied with the Contest or the Contest rules and/or any content or any requirements of the Contest form, the materials available related thereto, or with these terms and conditions, her sole and exclusive remedy is to not participate in the Contest.
- 2.4 BRITANNIA reserves the right to exclude any person from the contest on grounds of misconduct or criminal record or for any other reasons, as it may deem fit and proper. No communication in the regards will be entertained.
- 2.5 BRITANNIA reserves the right to terminate, modify or extend the Contest and/or deletion or addition of any of the terms and conditions of the Promo, at any time at its absolute discretion, without advance notice and / or assigning any reason thereof. All decisions of BRITANNIA in respect of the Contest and the prizes therein will be final, binding, and conclusive.
- 3.1 This Contest will be open only to Women who are Indian Citizens residing in India and have attained the age of 18 years before the start date of the Contest.
- 3.2 The employees and immediate family members of BRITANNIA and its agencies and vendors shall not be eligible for participating in the contest.
- 3.3 BRITANNIA or its Agency will not be responsible for any NDNC (National Do Not Call) Registry regulation that will come into play. All Participants who participate will agree as per the terms and conditions that even if they are registered under NDNC, DND (Do Not Disturb), BRITANNIA or its Agency will have all the authority to call such shortlisted winners by virtue of them having voluntarily participated in the Contest.
4 Contest Period & Contest Timings:
- 4.1 The contest will commence from 00:00 hours on 5th September 2021 and will be on uptill 23:59 hours 5th November(both days included). The campaign has now been extended to 23:59 hours 20th November 2021.
- 4.2 Time of participation will be defined as the date and time at which the registration number has been sent back to the participant after her submission is completed.
- 4.3 Entries coming outside the Contest Period i.e. before the start date and time and after the end date and time of the Contest shall not be considered for winner selection and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.
- 5.1 Each participant shall be entitled to pursue a Digital business training program by Google available on www.britanniamystartup.com.
- 5.2 Up to top 10000 selected entries shall be entitled to an online mentorship program – guest lecture series through eminent professionals in their respective space
- 5.3 The top 10 (Ten) Business Ideas/Winners will be funded with a sum of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Ten Lakhs) (Prize) each, to kick start their business ideas.
- 5.4 The Prize Money is inclusive of all applicable taxes. The tax liability on the Prize Money shall be borne solely by the Winner.
- 5.5 If, after declaring the final 10 winners, any of the winner, for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to availability, Legal or Regulatory issue or death of the winner, is unable to receive the final Prize, the Prize money will not be transferred to any third party including the legal heir of the winner but it shall stand forfeited by Britannia.
6 How to Participate:
- 6.1 To participate in the Contest, a Consumer shall follow the below Steps of entry
Steps of entry:
- Purchase any promotional pack containing the Britannia Marie Gold My Startup contest logo of Britannia Marie Gold/Britannia Vita Marie Gold during the Contest Period.
- Give a call to – 8095669922. Please note that standard call rates apply.
- While on the call, choose any of the below modes of participation (a) Web (b) WhatsApp (c) Phone call (IVR)
- Follow the instructions on the selected Mode of Participation.
- Participation shall be considered to be complete only after all criteria are met.
- The participants shall have to provide their details and also valid documents for verification.
- Only once you receive an acknowledgement that your application has been accepted, is your participation confirmed.
- Participant shall be required to submit her business idea in the manner prescribed. Any deviation in the prescribed form and manner may lead to cancellation of participant’s entry in the Contest.
- The business idea submitted by the Participant must be the original work of the Participant.
- By submitting a business idea Participant represents and warrants that she has all rights, title and/or interest in the business idea submitted and the information she presents is accurate and complete.
- 6.2 Shortlisted Participants should be prepared for
- Telephonic /Skype interview and / or any other form of audio/visual interview
- Travel for two days to a Britannia decided destination on dates decided by Britannia for a next round of presentation to a Jury face to face.
- 6.3 Travel (Pick up and drop arrangements) and stay (as per the requirement) will be organized by Britannia or its agency. The shortlisted Participants shall adhere to the same and not demand for change of the arrangements made.
- 6.4 It is the sole responsibility of the person enrolling in this Contest to ensure that they are entitled to participate in this Contest as per the applicable law of India.
- 6.5 Each Participant is required to provide the correct details about herself and Britannia will not be liable for any damages – direct or indirect for any wrong detail that is submitted by the Participant. Any false declarations or details provided by Participant will result in cancellation of her candidature and shall not be allowed to participate in the Contest further.
- 6.6 Britannia or its agency / service provider will not be responsible for any NDNC (National Do Not Call) Registry regulation or other relevant rules that may come into effect. All Participants hereby agree that even if they are registered under NDNC, DND (Do Not Disturb) or an equivalent, they agree to receive calls/texts pertaining to the Contest. Britannia or its agency will be entitled to call such Participants by virtue of them having voluntarily participated in the Contest.
- 6.7 Any charges levied by the telecom operator on the Participant are to be borne by the Participant
- 6.8 BRITANNIA and the Partner Agency shall not be responsible for (including but not limited to):
- 6.8.1 For any SPAM generated messages
- 6.8.2 For the Operator Code not being displayed on the user’s mobile phones
- 6.8.3 For any SMS message delivery failures
- 6.8.4 Any lost, late, or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures, or any kind of any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reason
- 6.8.5 If the participant has registered himself to the DND of the telecom provider/ the participant has registered with the National Do Not Call Registry
- 6.8.6 Participant has specifically requested for not receiving messages for the specific campaign
- 6.8.7 Other conditions beyond its reasonable control
7 Winner Selection:
- 7.1 During the Contest Period, a participant can participate/ submit any number of entries, however, one participant can win only one Prize.
- 7.2 The winners shall be selected at the sole discretion of the Jury and the same cannot be challenged under any circumstance. The decision of the Jury shall be final and binding on the Participant in this matter. Britannia or its agency shall in no case whatsoever, entertain any questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of the selection and the Contest.
- 7.3 The entries submitted by the Participants will be screened by the Jury, who will evaluate each entry based on various parameters. The Jury reserves the right to request further information from the Participant regarding the entry. This does not guarantee selection and is a part of the shortlisting process.
- 7.4 Selected/shortlisted Participants shall appear (either personally or virtually whichever way is decided by Britannia) before the Jury who will judge the entries based on their merit, innovation, uniqueness, and other factors. Non availability of the selected participants for any reasons whatsoever, shall be construed as non-interest on the part of the Participant and calls for removal of her name/entry from the Contest.
- 7.5 Prizes will be given subject to the winner satisfying the verification process of BRITANNIA. As a verification process, Britannia or their agency may ask for documents such as Copy of Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Address Proof, Mobile Number Proof, No Objection certificate, Identity Proof from the shortlisted participant.
- 7.6 BRITANNIA or its Agencies shall not be liable for any delay due to Act of God, Governmental action, Force Majeure circumstances and / or any other reasons which are beyond the reasonable control of Britannia or its Agency, and under no circumstances, we shall be liable to pay any compensation whatsoever for such losses.
- 7.7 Britannia reserves the right to extend/cancel / postpone /stop this Contest at its discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and being liable for any consequential losses/damages. Britannia or its agency will not be liable or responsible for any damages, losses, costs, expenses or otherwise suffered by any of the winners and/or companions during the course of the presentation/travel. By entering the Contest the Participant hereby releases from and agrees to indemnify Britannia, and/ or any of its respective officers/employees, agency from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the prize or participation in the Contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise.
- 7.8 Britannia and the agency accept no liability, whether jointly or severally, for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself, agency or third parties in relation to winning the Contest. The Participant shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise from her participation in the Contest. Participant also undertakes to indemnify Britannia and/or the agency and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents on the happening of such any illegal acts committed by the Participant and any third party claim arising therefrom (including without limitation cost of attorney, legal charges etc.) on full indemnity basis for any loss/damage suffered by Britannia or the Agency on account of such act on the part of the Participant. In consideration of Britannia allowing the Participant/s to take part in the Contest, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Participant/s waive and release each and every right or claim, all actions, causes of actions (present or future) each of them has or may have against Britannia, its respective agents, directors, officers, business associates, group companies, sponsors, employees, or representatives for all and any injuries, accidents, or mishaps (whether known or unknown) or (whether anticipated or unanticipated) arising out of the Contest or related to the Contest or the prize of the Contest.
- 7.9 This is an Initiative of Britannia and nothing herein amounts to a commitment or representation by Britannia to conduct further or other such contests/ initiatives.
- 7.10 Prize will not be awarded and the participation/entry of the participant can be cancelled at any stage including after announcement as winner if it is found that the information presented by the Participant(s) at the time of entering the contest is not factually correct.
- 7.11 The names of the shortlisted candidates will be published on the britanniamystartup.com website on or before 90 (ninety) days of the Contest end date.
- 7.12 Britannia shall declare the Top 10 winners not later than 120 (Hundred twenty) days from Contest end date.
- 7.13 Britannia and its service provider(s) or agency(s) are not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any Participant by any third party connected with the Contest.
- 7.14 Britannia reserves the right to alter the dates pertaining to the Contest, announcement of winners, participation criteria, prizes, and the terms and conditions of the Contest without notice, including any explanation thereof and further without being liable for any claim, including in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated or any other event outside of the Britannia’s control. Britannia reserves the right to exclude any person from the Contest on the grounds of misconduct or criminal record.
- 7.15 The Britannia Marie Gold / Britannia Vita Marie Gold promo pack purchased has to be retained and produced if selected, to pass to the next stage.
- 7.16 Selected shortlisted Participants will have to:
- 7.16.1 Present and discuss face to face with the panel of judges (“Jury”) their business idea.
- 7.16.2 For Participant’s travel related to the Contest, in case Participant is shortlisted, Britannia shall make necessary arrangements for (a) Participant’s airfare/train-fare to and from Bangalore (b) Participant’s accommodation arrangement the final event. Participant shall bear the necessary expenses for any other expenses arising out of or ancillary to the participation in the Contest.
- 7.16.3 It is hereby clarified that apart from the arrangements explicitly mentioned herein to be the responsibility of Britannia, Participant shall be responsible for other responsibilities and associated costs.
8 Contacting Winners:
- 8.1 If you are shortlisted for the next round, Britannia or its agency will connect with you for some basic identification to confirm your name, gender, nationality, etc. In the event the shortlisted Participant’s number is busy, unreachable, or she does not attend the call, two (2) more attempts will be made to reach the Participant on that day and/or the next day. If even on the third attempt, the Participant does not attend the call, or is unreachable, the Participant’s participation in the Contest comes to an end and the Participant’s entry stands cancelled and the Participant becomes ineligible to give the presentation.
- 8.2 If any shortlisted Participant remains unreachable on the third attempt or is not interested in continuing in the Contest or is otherwise ineligible to participate, Britannia/agency shall select the next best business idea and contact the next shortlisted Participant.
- 8.3 In the event of death of the Confirmed Winner, no claim from the nominee or his/her legal heirs of the Confirmed Winner shall be entertained for receiving the prize.
- 8.4 In the event that the shortlisted participate fails to appear for the face to face interaction with Jury or after being declared as one of winner of the Prize, fails to claim the Prize even after following the process under 7.2, or winner does not take the prize in the time and manner stipulated, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Prize must be taken as and when offered. Any unclaimed prize is not-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be taken in exchange for cash.
- 9.1 The Participant/s undertake and irrevocably and unconditionally permit BRITANNIA to cover the Contest through various media including newspapers, radio, television, news channels, internet, point of sale materials, etc., and shall not raise any objection, protest or demur to such coverage or in this regard.
- 9.2 The winners must, at the request of. BRITANNIA, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography, Videography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to BRITANNIA using their name and image in promotional material.
- 9.3 Each Participant understands and agrees to the use of her name, details of her submission and image in any publicity material by Britannia. All the rights including but not limited to the intellectual property rights, copyrights and all other allied, ancillary and subsidiary rights in any and all media in and to the photographs, tapes, movies, promotional activity, and/or otherwise related to the Contest shall vest with Britannia absolutely for perpetuity, throughout the world.
- 9.4 Britannia and/or any agency appointed by it, will collect Participant’s personal information in order to conduct the Contest. If the information requested is not provided, Participant understands that the Participant would not be eligible to participate in the Contest. By entering the Contest, unless otherwise advised, each Participant also agrees that Britannia, agency appointed by it to carry out the Contest or aspects thereof, and/or Britannia’s affiliates may use this information, or disclose it to other organizations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the participant. Participants’ personal information may be disclosed to government authorities and winners’ names may be published.
10 Intellectual Property:
- 10.1 All right, title and interest, including but not limited to the Intellectual Property Rights, in the promotional material(s) and in any and all responses received shall vest solely and exclusively with BRITANNIA at all times. BRITANNIA or any person or entity permitted by BRITANNIA including but not limited to its’ agency in this regard shall be entitled to use the responses received or any information in connection with the entry in any media for future promotional, marketing, publicity and any other purpose, without any permission and or payment to the Participant.
- 10.2 All material submitted in connection with the Contest (whether written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) or any photographs, video and/or film footage and/or audio recording taken of Participants are assigned to BRITANNIA upon submission and become the property of BRITANNIA exclusively. BRITANNIA may use the material in any medium in any reasonable manner it sees fit. Copyright in any such material remains the sole property of BRITANNIA.
11 General Terms & Conditions of the contest:
- 11.1 Each Participant represents and warrants that he/she is legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws. By taking part and/or entering into the Contest the Participant warrants that all information provided by Participant regarding Participant’s name, age, state, city, address, phone number, etc., is true, correct, accurate and complete.
- 11.2 The decision of BRITANNIA or its Agency, as regards the selection of winners and distribution of the prizes shall be final, subject only to BRITANNIA’s approval. No correspondence or any other claims whatsoever, in this regard will be entertained.
- 11.3 No queries, claims, dispute, complaints or grievances shall be entertained by BRITANNIA and its agency after 30 days from the date of the closure of the contest.
- 11.4 A participant can win a maximum of 1 prize during the contest period.
- 11.5 The prize cannot be exchanged and is not transferable and cannot be converted into cash.
- 11.6 BRITANNIA reserves the right to change, defer, alter or cancel this Contest in part or full, or change any or all of the terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation/notice of any kind and will not be liable for any consequential losses/damages. Any decision of BRITANNIA in this regard and in general with respect to this Contest and the terms and conditions thereto shall be final, binding and conclusive.
- 11.7 Nothing contained herein amounts to a commitment or representation by BRITANNIA to conduct further Contests.
- 11.8 The decision of BRITANNIA shall be final in all regards and no communication shall be entertained in this regard. None of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between any Participant and BRITANNIA and the Participant shall not have the authority to bind BRITANNIA in any manner whatsoever.
- 11.9 BRITANNIA or any of its respective officers/employees/directors shall not be responsible for delayed, lost, mutilated, corrupted or illegible documents etc.
- 11.10 BRITANNIA or its Agency shall not be liable to perform any of its/their respective obligations under the Contest or in respect of the prize where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its/their control in the nature of fire, explosions, natural calamities, state emergency, riots, or any other Force Majeure condition, etc., and shall not be liable to compensate the Participant in these circumstances.
- 11.11 BRITANNIA or it’s agency shall not be accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/interruptions or cancellation of the Contest due to any government restrictions.
- 11.12 Failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies on the part of BRITANNIA or its Agency.
- 11.13 BRITANNIA or its agency accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, loss of SMS, loss of internet connectivity, unique codes, documents, demand drafts, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, unauthorized data hacking, deletion, theft, destruction, virus attack, transmission interruption, communications failure, hardware failure or otherwise. BRITANNIA or it’s agency shall not be liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
- 11.14 If a Participant is dissatisfied with the Contest or the Contest rules and/or any content or any requirements of the Contest form, the materials available related thereto, or with these terms and conditions, his/her sole and exclusive remedy is to not participate in the Contest.
- 11.15 If a person chooses to access the Contest Website from outside India, he/she shall do so on his/her own initiative and shall be responsible for compliance with applicable local laws of the country.
- 11.16 The participation in the Contest is purely voluntary and the same shall be construed as an acceptance of the terms and conditions stipulated herein.
- 11.17 The entry, comments of winners or any other materials sent to Britannia including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Britannia is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback and entries received towards this Contest without limitations or obligation of any kind. Britannia is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. Britannia reserves the right to analyse and summarize data that is collected and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind subject to applicable laws.
- 11.18 The interpretation and implementation of the Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Britannia. The decisions of Britannia with respect to aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding, and not subject to challenge or appeal.
- 11.19 The Participants agree and undertake to indemnify Britannia and its agencies against any loss, damage, liability, etc. suffered by it on account of the Participant submitting a non-original business idea, non-fulfilment or breach of any of the terms and conditions. In the event that the winner does not take the prize in the time and manner stipulated, then the prize will be treated as cancelled / forfeited. Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. Any unused prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for other goods or services. In the event of death or inability to accept the prize at the end of the confirmed winner, no claim from the nominee or her legal heirs of the confirmed winner shall be entertained for receiving the prize.
- 11.20 By participating/ enrolling in this Contest, you waive all rights to seek injunctive or equitable relief, or to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees.
- 11.21 These Terms shall be governed by & construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. Any dispute including any dispute arising out of all matters with respect to this Contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Bangalore only. All the disputes/complaints/queries, if any, shall be entertained only within one month of the contest getting over. Any winner coming to Britannia or the agency with any disputes/complaints/queries after the expiry of the aforesaid one month shall not be considered for resolution. Further all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the Participants and/or Britannia and/or agencies/sponsors associated with this Contest, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India.